How do we do this?
The foundation has decided to do what Abby did best; make children smile. We accomplish this in many ways and as time progresses, there will be more. Here are just a few examples of our efforts:
- Provide gifts to hospitalized kids.
- Provide assistance to families in need. Focusing on making a child’s life better.
- Providing gifts to underprivileged children during the holiday season as well as other times of the year.
- Providing assistance to school teachers in underprivileged school districts to enhance their ability to inspire children.
- Performing random acts of kindness. Bucks County has proclaimed November 19th, Abby’s birthday, as Random Acts of Kindness Day throughout the area. We perform acts of kindness throughout the year by giving out gift cards valued at $10.00 to Justice Clothes stores (where Abby liked to shop) and Starbucks. These simple acts affect lives positively in many people as identified through feedback of recipients. We call them AOKs. The foundation believes a small act of kindness can grow into a movement and it has. Through this effort, thousands of dollars have been donated to help children around the world in Abby’s honor.
The Abby’s Light Memorial Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non profit corporation. All donations are tax deductible. Tax EIN #47-4178382